Saturday, October 26, 2013

     My son Dean just turned 9 months the other day.  Instead of being able to enjoy the day though, I spent it taking care of him because he was extremely sick.  The little guy has come down with a virus that has resulted in him having a vicious cough,a runny nose, and clogged ears.  I hate being sick myself, but witnessing his discomfort has been the worst thing I could imagine.  I would trade places with him this instant if it meant that he was well.  He is such a happy, and active baby normally, however he has been very lethargic and cantakerous these past few days.  I always have sympathy for those who are sick, but seeing my son be waylaid by this virus is devastating.  I have so much to do for my graduate school, and to take care of my house, but I cannot seem to bring myself to do anything than try my best to comfort him.  I sure do hope that this circumstance I find myself in is resolved qucikly, not for my own peace of mind, but for my son's benifit.

1) In place of something, a substitute
2)a small infectious agent, that spreads, and makes organisms sick
3)lethargic: lacking energy
4) cantankerous: grouchy, unhappy
5)sympathy: being able to feel sorry for someone or something
6)circumstance: a situation one finds ones self in

Find 2 synonyms for each of the 6 vocabulary words.


Rewrite the above paragraph from my son Dean's point of view
ex.  I just turned 9 months old the othr day.  Instead of being able to enjoy the day though, my father spent it taking care of me.




4 comments:

  1. Good vocabulary words and rewriting idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like it when babies are sick, it makes me sad. Dean is lucky to have a daddy like you to take care of him. I really like your the rewriting idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is adorable! I'm not a parent yet, but I know I would feel the same way for my babies! I like the idea to create synonyms for each vocabulary word.

    ReplyDelete