Saturday, October 26, 2013

     I just wrapped up my last day of phase 2 student teacher observation.  My final day was one that brought be a wide range of emotions.  I was sad, to not be able to see the teachers and students that I have gotten to know, relieved to be finished with a huge part of my graduate school process, and anxious to know how I did on my final observation.  This anxiousness was most strongly felt when at 5 minutes prior to my lesson I recieved an urgent phone call.  My observing professor was stuck in traffic due to a car accident.  She couldn't get off the highway and was going to miss our appointed time.
     However my cooperating teacher was quick thinking and araged to have a different first grade ESL class come later  in the day and I was able to teach the lesson I had prepared for.  It went great, and I have accomplished another huge milestone in my graduate degree program by completing my student teaching phase 2 at Summit Lane Elementary school.  All good things come to those who wait I guess.


Observation:the action or process of observing something or someone carefully or in order to gain information.

Emotions:A mental state that arises spontaneously rather than through conscious effort and is often accompanied by physiological changes; a feeling

anxious:experiencing worry, unease, or nervousness, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome.

cooperating:act jointly; work toward the same end.

Accomplished: having completed or achieved many good or important things

1) A scientist who wants to learn something makes a carefull            of his or her experiment.
2) A man waiting for the birth of hi first child can be very           .
3) Teams have success by all of their players            together.
4) Barak Obama has           an important goal by becomming president.
5) Angry, happiness, and fear a just a fe types of            .

GRAMMAR POINT.  Use all of the 5 vocabulary words in a short essay describing a time in your life.

GRMMAR EXERCISE:  Rewrite the above paragraph in a future tense that will eventually result in the same outcome.




1 comment:

  1. It is good that you were flexible and able to do the lesson anyway.

    ReplyDelete